The perfect blue flag rated beaches of Coral Bay are less than 2km away and the unspoiled wilderness of the Akamas peninsula is only 6km from your front door. The two nearest sandy beaches are Coral Bay’ with its water sports, jet skis, parasailing and donuts and Coralia Bay, with shallow water, perfect for little ones to play and a great taverna and beach shop. There is a bus service straight to these beaches near to the apartment. Agios Georgios is a 10 minute drive and a great place to cycle to, where you will find an unspoilt bay and pretty church.
The main avenue of coral bay with its lively bars and restaurants is 5 minutes away in the car and there is a large supermarket where you can stock up on all your holiday needs. You can even get a free lift home with your shopping.
Getting to Holmes Place
Paphos airport is 32km - It is an easy drive to Holmes Place 30-40 minutes.
Larnaca airport is 145km – 1 Hour 45 Minutes by motorway
You can either hire a car at the airport, pre book a taxi or there is a regular bus service
Paphos town is 15 minutes by car
A little further away is Lara Bay where turtles hatch each year. The coast of Polis and Latchi where there is a marina and great seafood restaurants and the baths of Aphrodite.
Inland, there are plenty of Cypriot villages and up the hill towards Kathikas there is a donkey sanctuary where you can feed the donkeys.
Paphos town is 15 minutes by car or regular bus, a visit to the harbour is a must and there are numerous architectural sites, restaurants, shops and bars.
Things to do nearby Holmes Place
- Simply chilling out with great weather, fabulous food and peace and quiet
- Walking: through the hills; along the coastline there is a paved path all the way to Paphos, Lovely for evening strolls. Walk or cycle to Agios Georgios to see the little church and unspoilt harbour
- Horse riding: There are stables just on the road to Sea Caves, through Peyia – and sunset rides on the beach are a great favourite!
- Quad biking: Drive a quad bike through the hills
- Jeep Safari: let someone else drive and sit back and bump along through the hills and valleys taking in the scenery – and some great tavernas too!
- Sight Seeing: from monasteries to mosaics, the Tomb of the Kings or just people watching on Paphos Harbour
- Water Sports: jet ski; power boats; parasailing at Coral Bay
- Golf Driving Range: and mini golf, golf courses just outside Paphos
- Visit the Zoo! We’ve now got our own zoo, minutes from Peyia
- Shopping and cinema at the Kings Avenue Mall, Paphos or visit the new old town market
- Winter ski: the mountains fill with snow in the winter – only 1.5 hours from Peyia